South Bend Symphony Orchestra Announces Violin and Viola Auditions for the 2023-24 SEASON
For consideration, please send a resume and $50 deposit to:
South Bend Symphony Orchestra
127 N. Michigan St., South Bend, IN 46601
Please note: Rental excerpts will be mailed upon request via USPS. No PDFS allowed.
Date of Importance: DEADLINE: April 21, 2023, Auditions May 14 & 15, 2023
All positions include generous access to travel/hotel/per diem reimbursements.
- Effective July 1 of each year, the Association will reimburse musicians who drive, and reside between 21-150miles of South Bend, 60% of the IRS business reimbursement rate issued January 1 of that year, for one round trip a day. No mileage will be reimbursed for travel within a 20-mile radius of South Bend or if a musician resides less than 20 miles from South Bend. For musicians who reside more than 151 miles from South Bend, mileage reimbursement will be capped at 540 miles per cycle, excluding the 20-mile radius from South Bend, except when a musician’s services are scheduled on non-consecutive days and the musician elects to return to their legal residence.
- Mileage will be computed from the musician’s residence to the venue.
- If a musician who qualifies for mileage reimbursement stays overnight in the South Bend area, that musician will receive a per diem of $17, commencing the day that follows the first rehearsal of the cycle and concluding with the day of the final service of the cycle, for each day the musician stays in the South Bend area. If a musician is required to be in South Bend to perform services before 5 p. m. on the day of the first rehearsal, the musician shall also receive per diem for that day.
- On double service days that are held at any location other than the Morris Performing Arts Center, musicians not receiving per diem will be provided with either a meal or a $50 meal allowance.
- Musicians who reside more than 40 miles from South Bend will receive reimbursement of up to$70 for hotel expenses for each evening the Musician stays in the South Bend area. Musicians may choose housing provided by the Association in lieu of reimbursement. Payment for reimbursement will be made only upon submission of receipts. The Association will make its best effort to secure a discounted hotel rate.
- Travel reimbursement, as defined above, will be capped at a maximum of $280 for concert cycles of four (4) days or less and $70 for each additional day. Travel reimbursement for touring will be negotiated by the Association and the Union.